1 ½ lbs. ground beef (makes six ¼ lb. burgers)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 small onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 beef steak tomato, sliced into 6 thick slices
1 cup shredded green leaf lettuce
1. Heat a medium skillet to medium-high heat.
2. Add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and once melted, add in thinly sliced onions. Sauté until lightly caramelized, stirring occasionally (about 10-15 minutes).
3. Add in balsamic vinegar. Sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
4. Form the ground beef into six ¼ lb. burgers.
5. Lightly season both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
6. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add in 1 Tbsp of coconut oil. Place the burgers in the skillet and sauté each side for 3-5 minutes (depending on your desired doneness).
7. Remove from the skillet and let rest for 1 minute.
8. Place 1 large slice of beef steak tomato on a plate, top with a pile of shredded lettuce, then the burger, 2 Tbsp of the balsamic caramelized onions, and top with sliced avocado. Serve with gluten-free mustard.
9. Grab your utensils, a napkin or two, and enjoy!
Inspired by Joyful Healthy Eats