1 red beet
2 golden beets
1 Tbsp safflower or other high-heat oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
4 cups arugula
1-pint strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Wash beets, poke holes in each with a fork, then place each beet on a piece of parchment paper and drizzle with oil; wrap and tie with a string.
3. Place beets on a cookie sheet or oven-proof pan and roast for 20-40 minutes, depending on the size of the beets. The beets are done when they can easily be pierced with a fork.
4. Remove from oven, allow to cool, remove the skin, and dice into ½” pieces.
5. Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and salt.
6. In a large bowl, gently toss beets and strawberries. Drizzle with dressing and serve over a bed of arugula. Enjoy!
Inspired by PCC Community Markets