1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup coconut butter
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup raw honey
3 eggs, whisked
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of salt
coconut oil, for greasing baking dish
For the pumpkin frosting:
3 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
2 Tbsp. coconut milk
sprinkle of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips along with coconut butter until well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin puree and honey.
- Add egg, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well.
- Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into baking dish and place into oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let rest and cool. The longer these rest, the more dense they become.
- Once brownies have cooled, mix together pumpkin puree, coconut milk, and cinnamon in a bowl. Place the mixture in a plastic bag, cut off the end, and pipe designs on top. Or use as frosting. Delicious!
Inspired by: https://paleomg.com/pumpkin-swirl-brownies/#tasty-recipes