3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1 fennel bulb (about 2 oz.), fronds and core removed, thinly sliced
1 shallot, diced
1 lb. cabbage, cored and thinly shredded
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup Brazil nuts, chopped
½ Tbsp creamy Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 ½ – 3 cups organic vegetable stock
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 Tbsp Vital Proteins grass-fed collagen peptides
1. Bring 2 Tbsp olive oil to medium-high heat in a large (3 ½ quart) Dutch oven. Add fennel and shallot, stirring to coat. Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are lightly softened.
2. Add half the cabbage and salt, cook while stirring for two minutes to wilt slightly, then add remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil, cabbage, and Brazil nuts.
3. Continue stirring occasionally and cooking over medium heat for 10 minutes. You should see light browning on the vegetables.
4. Add Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and 2 ½ cups stock. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, on medium-low heat.
5. Take off heat and gently transfer half to a high-powered blender. Add collagen and black pepper.
6. Blend for 30 seconds, then add the other half. Blend for 45 seconds on high to completely puree, adding more vegetable stock as needed to get the texture you like.
7. Taste, adjust salt if needed, and pour into bowls.
8. Serve warm and enjoy!
Inspired by Heartbeet Kitchen